Saturday, January 7, 2017

Around the house...


Still love seeing the kitchen :D I did the dishes tonight
and everything is done homemaking wise. We still have 
construction junk laying around here and there, like
stuff got displaced while we moved around again, and 
I have to find a home for it all/remove it. 


New tablecloth looks great! :) It's a nice color. I
got a poinsettia from Spenser's Dad, forgot to water it
for like a week. Good thing they're hardy, it wasn't
dead lol.

Today wasn't too bad. Spenser had to plow snow
again and I swept off the porches. It was -20C
and now it was -5C with a blizzard. Finnish
weather is nuts.

I worked on a new "system" to ensure we 
eat more variety. I stole it from my mom, thanks Mom! :)
It's like one day rice meal, one day a Finnish recipe,
one day something easy, etc. I have been digging through
my Finnish American cookbook finding good stuff
to try. Spenser's meh about it lol. It's Americanized
Finnish food though, I think he'll eat it lol.

I did a load of laundry and that's about it, moving
stuff around. My period is going to show up
(surprise..me willingly cleaning lol) and I've been
spotty all week so no idea.

I've been mulling over a book idea for
my writings, I'm on the third one now! :D No idea
but I'll write as long as the characters kick around
in my mind.

I had two huge boxes of scraps for me starting to
quilt or make a quilt skirt...threw them away because
I never had time or the space. :/ Darn it! I wish I
had kept them because now I have tons of time
and would like do something like that.  One of these
days I'll go up and buy more fabric or something lol.

 Today I drained another batch of tangerine 
vinegar. I was like oh crap since bits were floating
around but it was where I squished the extra
out of the skins. I strained most of it out through
a towel, good enough.

With the skirt fisasco I need to hem my
longer skirts. *sigh*. I don't mind mending but
I HATE hemming lol.

My dad had a good email point escalators have
a BUNCH of torque and better a skirt than my
leg and death. I agree and so does Spenser!

Well...watch out there boys, gonna see my
cankles from now on lol.





 There is probably something I'm forgetting,
but that's about it here. I will end the 
post with some winter shots.


Earlier snow.




 -4F...this was the "warm" time of day!


More snow...


Frost build up outside of our side porch door.


FROST.


You can see the crystals, I love it :D. I smashed
the rest of it off today with a broom handle lol.

Thanks for checking out the blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Haven't blogged because I'm sick...

I haven't blogged the past week because I got Norovirus last Friday. Charcoal tablets are pretty awesome, only reason I didn't ...