Monday, June 6, 2016

Nakki Kastike....or Finnish Hot Dog Sauce...

 

Saute your hot dogs. I use gluten free cheapo
hotdogs. I use about 5 for both Spenser and I
for one meal of nakki sauce.


Use some flour and make a roux. I use
gluten free flour for my roux, they make
a great sauce. 


Add about 1.5 to 2 cups of water. You can add
some bouillion too. I use Fond Du Chef since
they don't have celery or soy in their chicken stuff...
at least in Finland.


Now here the recipe gets a bit American. I use
paprika, garlic, onion, and black pepper powder. Finnish
recipe doesn't really use any of those but we have
a Finnglish fusion thing going on here lol.


Ketchup, the secret ingredient! I have
lower sugar/salt ketchup. 


A big squirt and mix it up well. Let it boil for
a couple of minutes.


DONE! Put to the side or eat over boiled
potatoes. It's really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haven't blogged because I'm sick...

I haven't blogged the past week because I got Norovirus last Friday. Charcoal tablets are pretty awesome, only reason I didn't ...